And here it is, a return to morning photo walking. My progeny were on spring break and I had a few mornings free, enabling me to wake up early and go photo wandering. It was a time for me to plan ahead a little unlike last year decide how to handle the forthcoming warm mornings. In the summer of 2014 I tortured myself , and being spontaneous. This year, I am actually taking a moment to acknowledge I am going to wake up like a fool as much as possible to wander around various places with my camera.
Instruments Sony A7+ 35mm Fe & Nikon D750 + 35mm f2d
Location various spots in NYC & NJ
Observations Wondering around New York, looking back on last year, there are a few things a can do better. Simple things that will make things easier to deal with. It’s a lot easier to think ahead, square away the little details that will have a huge effect on my photography. Here is a few of the decisions I’ve made ….
- This summer will be one long we35 expedition. I will only use a 35 mm lens during my photo wanderings.
- I need a good pair of sneakers, and a pair of shoes to change in to at work. This will keep my feet comfy. I went through a pair of shoes last summer, completely.
- There has to be more variety this year in my photo walking, more areas to explore, I have research to.
- One of my we35 expeditions was the contact sheet. Limiting myself to 36 images like a roll of film. I think I will apply this to the mornings.
- My bride permitting, include an evening now and then, different times will add a bit of variety to the images, different times of day have different energies
- Have fun, that’s is the most important thing for me, relax, wander and see as much as I can….
Findings This is the foundation of my future personal camerawork. My photo wandering will be that of an everyday photographer , not that of a street photographer. There will be no rules , just photography , sharing the parts of the world and wonders that I see.