Well, it has been about three weeks, and the coffee bourbon has been poured, poured, tested, shared with some whiskey loving friends and tasted some more. It was a good experiment. The coffee bourbon came out a lot more mellow than it went in. The Jim Beam bourbon I used was harsh, unrefined. and this experiment made it a lot nicer to drink. The great thing is this will get better over time. Thre first batch will not be finished when the second is ready and I will have to bottles of coffee whiskey. Here is what I am going to do for the next batch and other notes.
- Make an Irish coffee with the current batch
- I will use a better bourbon/whiskey, not sure which one yet, I need to do some testing
- I am going to use a slightly finer grind of coffee, possible Ethiopian in origin for a better flavor.
- I will keep the ratio about the same.
- There is Caffein in the whiskey that goes straight to your head.
- Goes well with coffee